Guided tours are available at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Fridays and 2 p.m. on Saturdays during the preview days. Sign up here.
Floor Plan Map
Click here to see map of floor plan (PDF)
Prior to facility use, all students must fill out a waiver available via this link.
The waiver must be completed and submitted via the link above at least three business days prior to entrance to the facility. Once the waiver is submitted, your college-issued I.D. will be activated to allow access to Roberts Pavilion during the Preview Weekend operating hours.
A scannable Claremont McKenna College I.D. card is required for entry. On the weekend of April 16-17 when Harvey Mudd and Scripps College students are allowed access to the facility, they will also be asked to present an activated institution issued I.D.
General Policy for April 2016 Preview Weekends
- Appropriate exercise attire is required
- Shirts must be worn at all times (no bare midriffs)
- Zippers, snaps or metal studs on clothing that could damage equipment are prohibited
- If participants are not wearing appropriate attire, staff will ask them to change or leave the facility
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate shoes in all spaces. Appropriate shoes can be defined as non-marking athletic shoes. Examples of prohibited shoes include, but are not limited to, cleats, sandals, stocking feet and/or hard soled shoes.
- Users must wipe down (disinfect) cardio and/or weight equipment after their use. Gym Wipes will be available in the facility
- Re-rack all weight plates and dumbbells
- Equipment (including stability balls, foam rollers and mats) is to remain in designated areas and may not be removed from the room
- Equipment available for check out at the main desk (you must leave your ID at the front desk):
- TRX Bands
- Spotter required for: free weights, bench presses, military incline / decline, shoulder presses, dumbbell presses and squats.
- Participants are not permitted to bring their own free weights, dumbbells, kettle bells or weight plates into the facility.
- Do not drop weights. This can cause injury to you and damage the equipment and the facility.
- Cardio machines have a 30-minute time limit. Please be respectful to other users and plan your workout accordingly.
Food & Drink
- No chewing gum or food permitted
- Drinks in leak-proof, shatter-resistant containers are permitted. No glass.
- All participants must place their waste in the recycle or trash cans located throughout the facility.
- No photography by camera or cell phone of anyone working out without prior written approval.
- Claremont McKenna College will not be responsible for any lost or stolen items in the facility. A lost and found will be maintained at the Front Desk of the facility.
- No flyers or signage may be placed on the walls.
- No feet on the walls (i.e., handstands).
- No alcoholic beverages
- No tobacco products in the facility, or within 25 feet of the exterior entrances to the facility
- No pets, with the exception of service animals registered with and approved by the Dean of Students Office
- Dunking is not permitted in the Rec. Gym or in the Arena during open play.
- Students are not permitted to set-up or tear down basketball goals, volleyball nets or badminton nets. Roberts Pavilion staff will be responsible for the set-up or tear down of this equipment.
- Participants are expected to use appropriate language when using the facility. Participants will be asked to leave the facility if they use excessive profanity in the facility.
- Small day use lockers are available for use in the Fitness Center.
- For safety reasons, backpacks, purses and bags will not be permitted in the Fitness Studios or Fitness Center.
- Outside personal trainers will be not permitted to work with clients in the Roberts Pavilion.