- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed in the facility.
- Tobacco use and products will not be allowed in the facility, or in close proximity to the exterior of the facility.
- Firearms or other “weapons” are not allowed in the facility.
- Pets, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed in the facility.
- Claremont McKenna College students are not allowed to set up or tear down basketball goals, volleyball nets or badminton nets. Roberts Pavilion Staff will be responsible for the set up or tear down of this equipment.
- Participants are expected to use appropriate language when using the facility. Participants will be asked to leave the facility if they use excessive profanity in the facility.
- Fighting will not be tolerated in the facility. Participants fighting will be removed from the facility and have to meet with the Facility Manager prior to using the facility again.
- Stealing will not be tolerated in the facility. If a participant is found to be stealing, they will be removed from the facility and have to meet with the Facility Manager prior to using the facility again.
- For safety reasons bags will not be allowed on the floors of the Fitness Studios, Weight Room, Fitness Mezzanine, and Fitness Center.
- Outside personal trainers will be not permitted to work with clients in Roberts Pavilion.
II. Building Entry
- CMC students, faculty, and staff must show a valid Claremont McKenna College I.D. to enter the building.
- Students of Harvey Mudd College and Scripps College must present a valid ID to enter the building.
- Guests are allowed to enter the facility during our regular operating hours. A valid user must accompany these guests at all times. Additionally, no guests are eligible to use the facility at this time.
- Individuals using the facility will be expected to wear appropriate attire based upon the activity they are participating in or the portion of the facility they are utilizing.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate shoes in all spaces. Appropriate shoes can be defined as non-marking athletic shoes. Examples of prohibited shoes include, but are not limited to, cleats, sandals, stocking feet, and/or hard-soled shoes.
- Participants are expected to wear appropriate clothing while using the spaces in the Pavilion.
- Shirts must be worn at all times while using the Rec. Gym, Arena, Fitness Mezzanine, Stretch Space, Fitness Center, and Fitness Studios.
- Closed-toed shoes must be worn when using Roberts Pavilion for recreational activity.
- Participants are allowed to wear hats while using the facility.
- Participants are allowed to wear head bands while using the facility.
- If participants are not wearing appropriate attire staff will ask them to change or leave the facility.
IV. Facility Access
Student and Non-Student Members will have access to the following areas of the facility on a daily basis.
- First Floor Lobby
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Studios
- Weight Room
- Arena Concourse
- First Floor Locker/Changing Rooms
- First Floor Restrooms
- Fitness Mezzanine
- Second Floor Lobby
- Seating Balcony
- Recreation Gymnasium
- Stretch Space
- Second Floor Restrooms
Student and Non-Student Members will NOT have access to the following areas of the facility on a daily basis.
- All Arena level spaces
- Arena level Restrooms
- Sports Medicine
- Athletics Offices/Suite
- Recreation Offices
V. Equipment Use
- All guests must use equipment in a safe manner. Guests appearing to be out of control with weights, accessories, or any other equipment will be asked to discontinue usage until control can be regained, and equipment is being used in a safe manner.
- Participants will be expected to wipe down (disinfect) cardio and/or weight equipment after their use. Gym wipes are available in the facility.
- Free Weights, Dumbbells, Kettle Bells and Weight Plates will stay in their specific portion of the facility. Participants will not be allowed to move these pieces of equipment to different portions of the facility.
- Basketballs and volleyballs will be available for check out at the main desk. To check out a piece of equipment students will need to leave their I.D. at the desk and it will be returned when the equipment is returned.
- TRX Bands will be available for check out at the main desk. To check out a piece of equipment students will need to leave their I.D. at the desk and it will be returned when the equipment is returned.
- Other equipment such as BOSU balls, stability balls, foam rollers, etc. will be available for use in the facility and will not need to be checked out.
- Mats will be available for use in the fitness studios and will not need to be checked out.
- Participants will be allowed to bring their own personal equipment into the facility which would include basketballs, volleyballs, TRX straps, mats, BOSU balls, stability balls, foam rollers, and mats. Claremont McKenna College will not be responsible for personal equipment if it is lost, broken, or stolen.
- Participants will not be allowed to bring their own free weights, dumbbells, kettle bells, or weight plates into the facility.
- Do not drop or slam the weights. This can cause injury to you or others and damage to equipment and the facility.
- Cardio machines have a 30-minute time limit. Please be respectful to other users and plan your workout accordingly.
VI. Food & Drink
- Drinks are allowed in the building; due to COVID-19 protocols, food is NOT allowed at this time.
- Snack and drink vending machines will be available for use within the facility.
- Participants are encouraged to bring a water bottle with them and using the water fountains for filling. There are filtered water bottle dispensers located throughout the facility including in the strength training area, the fitness center, and just outside the rec gym.
- All outside drinks must be in a shatter resistant container. Glass containers will not be allowed in the facility.
- It is expected that all participants place their trash in trash cans located throughout the facility. Additionally we have recycling cans throughout the facility.