Spring 2020 Drop-In Recreational Classes
Classes are free for students, faculty, and staff of Claremont McKenna, Harvey Mudd, and Scripps colleges.
Classes begin Monday, January 27th
- B-Fit: This class is all about building general strength with our Assistant Strength and Conditioning coach, Bri DiPhilippo. If you are new to working out, looking for some new exercises and/or enjoy getting your sweat on with a group – JOIN US! As our mission is to improve your physical and mental capacities while making you functionally fit. (Location: 2nd floor fitness center)
- Wednesday: 5:15pm
- Friday: Noon
- CROSSFIT: A strength and conditioning program focusing on aerobic exercise, calisthenics, and Olympic weightlifting. These classes can be modified to all fitness levels and are enjoyable for beginners and advanced alike. (Location: Fitness Center)
- Monday: 7am & 8am
- Tuesday: 7am & 8am
- Wednesday: 7am & 8am
- Thursday: 7am & 8am
- Sunday: 1pm
- Pool HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training): High intensity interval training will focus on fast paced fitness to get your workout in. All movements can be modified to any fitness experience and level. (Location: Axelrood Pool)
- Tuesday: 12pm & 12:30pm
- Jungle Gym: A fast paced, circuit-based weights and bodyweight training class. We focus on different areas of the body and doing something new and different each week. The class uses a combination of strength and HIIT techniques to keep your heart rate up throughout the workout. This class is enjoyable for beginners, experts, and everyone in-between. (Location: Fitness Center)
- Monday: 5:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: 5:15 p.m.
- Spin: Indoor cycling for all levels. Class will focus on endurance, strength, intervals, and recovering using a special stationary exercise bike. (Location: Studio B)
- Monday 12pm with Bri
- Tuesday: 8am with Medina
- Thursday: 5:15pm with Luis
- Saturday 10-11:30 with Kyle
- Sunday 2pm with Luis
- Yoga: Suitable for all levels. This unique style of yoga class blends relaxing, deep stretches with the fluid motion of a Vinyasa flow style class. This class is good for beginner and intermediate to build strength by holding postures, endurance from the flow and flexibility from stretching. You will be encouraged to connect the mind and body together through your breath in order to find balance, clarity of mind and focus. (Location: Studio A)
- Monday: 3 pm with Alan
- Wednesday: 12pm with Alan
- Thursday: 5pm with Alan
- Sunday: 3:30pm with Julia
- Friday night CHILL Yoga: Relax, release and rejuvenate your mind and body with this yoga class that is great for all yogis (even those new to yoga). This class will simplify the classic poses of yoga while moving and opening tight areas of the body through some gentle flowing sequences. Good form and explanation of alignment in the postures will be demonstrated and many variations will be offered to accommodate a wide variety of body types, activity levels and varying degrees of ability. Come and unwind with this calming, much needed style of yoga in today’s busy society and leave feeling refreshed yet cool, calm and collected! Perfect for seniors and women who are pregnant, practitioners who have been inactive, or those who are simply looking for a more relaxed and laid back workout prefer gentle yoga over any other yoga form.
- Friday: 5pm with Zoe